Thanks for your interest in working for HopeWell.
We are looking for 2 Full-time Provisional Psychologists, one for our Leduc Location and one for our St. Albert Location. The positions start in September. Although supervision is not provided, you will have access to informal consultation with other clinicians and the Clinical director will give you consent to discuss client cases with your supervisor.
Interested applicants are encouraged to email their resume, CV, and other information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send us your:
- Listing all Counselling or related work experiences.
- Listing all Counseling books you read in the past 1 year and brief summary of its content.
- Listing all Counselling workshops you attended in the last year and brief summary of its content.
- Describing the types of clients and issues you have experience treating and the treatment/methods/models you used when treating them.
- Outlining your counselling interests (what types of issues and clients you want to work with?).
- Describing why you want to work for HopeWell.
- Describing how your skills and knowledge can contribute to the HopeWell team.
- Describing any published or developed works.
- Able to provide a clean criminal records check before or at the time of the interview.
- Able to provide a clean child welfare check before or at the time of the interview.
- Provide a list of all coursework and grades completed thus far.
- Provide a list of all courses that have not been completed thus far, if any.
A successful candidate is someone who:
- Is collegial and willing to go above and beyond for their clients and for the HopeWell team.
- Has EMDR, Mindfulness, and Ego State training or is willing to take the training within 3 months of being hired.
- Has or is willing to train in Emotionally Focused Couples and Family therapy training within 3 months of being hired.
- Is willing to work with a variety of clients including trauma clients, children, couples, and families.
- Is willing to do online counselling.
- Is willing to participate in monthly consultation meetings and do some volunteer work in the community, on behalf of HopeWell.
- Has a life-long plan to continue learning and is willing to create and present learning seminars for colleagues twice per year.
- Is available to work evenings and on weekends.
Reference List Contact Information
- Provide a list of 3 professional references (teacher or manager) who saw your work first-hand and who can speak to your ability to form relationships, manage interpersonal conflict, ensure confidentiality, and apply ethical practices in your workplace. Include people who can comment on your ability to manage your time and to work diligently.
- If you cannot provide 3 references, please state reason and provide up to 1 reference from a co-worker.