Lana Bryanton is an experienced clinician who has completed her Master of Counselling degree with Honours with Distinction. She has supported clients for over a decade and is currently a Registered Psychologist, a Canadian Certified Counsellor, a Grief Recovery Specialist, and a Certified Crisis Worker. Lana is also a member of the following associations:
- College of Alberta Psychologists
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Edmonton Board of Directors, Internal Training Coordinator
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Canadian Psychological Association
- Alberta Psychologists Competence Co-operative
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Canada
- Grief Recovery Institute
Lana’s experience includes working collaboratively with adults, adolescents, and children (7+). Her approach to counselling includes using Solution-Focused, Cognitive Behavioural, Mindfulness, and Emotionally-Focused Therapies. In addition, Lana has completed Level 1 training in Gottman Couples therapy. She is also trained in using Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) to treat trauma-based memories and events (ranging from mildly disturbing to extremely disturbing events). Lana uses EMDR to help children, adolescents, adults, and couples, with many types of issues.
Lana will help you develop personalized therapeutic goals and uses research-based techniques when working with her clients. Lana provides counselling in English, Serbian, and Croatian, in several formats: on-line counselling, phone counselling, and in-person counselling.
Lana continually add to her knowledge by attending various workshops and training on many topics, such as attachment, separation/divorce, mental health, couples therapy, child management techniques, and e-counselling.
When she is not counselling, Lana likes to spend time outdoors, especially in the summer-time. She enjoys travelling, swimming, and having get-togethers with family and friends.